Steps to create database backup
- Go to the menu, by tapping on the menu button on the top right corner;
- Open settings tab and tap on the “Create data backup” menu item under “DATA BACKUP” section;
- Click on the “OK” button.
Steps to restore data from the backup
- Open setting tab and click on the “Restore data” menu item under “DATA BACKUP” section;
- Select data file that you want to restore;
- Click on “OK” button.
Where backup files can be found?
Backup files are placed into “com.monefy” folder, which is located in the root of device’s primary shared/external storage.
Permissions on Android 6.0 and up
If you are using application on Android 6.0 and up Monefy will request permissions to access storage. If access was denied Backup and Restore functionality won’t work.
To be able to fix this issue please follow “Settings” -> “Apps” -> “Monefy” -> “Permissions”. Please visit this link for more information.
Steps to delete application data
- Go to the menu, by tapping on the menu button in the top right corner;
- Open settings tab and tap on the “Delete database” menu item under “DATA BACKUP” section;
- Confirm operation by tapping “Yes” button int the confirmation dialog.
Please note that remote data will be removed too in case if dropbox synchonization is enabled during application data cleanup.
How to enable dropbox synchonization between devices
Monefy data synchonization is available between all supported platforms (Android, iOS, Windows phone).
At the moment it is only possible to sync data within a single/shared Dropbox account.
Monefy files can be found in the Dropbox folder https://www.dropbox.com/home/Apps/Monefy/Database.
Please follow this steps to enable synchonization:
- Create a new Dropbox account if you do not have any yet;
- Go to “Monefy”->”Menu”->”Settings”->”SYNCHONIZATION” and tick “Dropbpox sync” check box;
- In the opened window enter your Dropbox account credentials;
If for some reason you find your data not synced to other device please go to “Monefy”->”Menu”->”Settings”->”SYNCHONIZATION” and
“Synchonize” button first on the source device and then on a device where data is missing.